Tips to Write and Optimize Your Blog Posts
This article gives you tips to write and optimize your blog post. You will learn how to match content with search intent and how context improves you chance of ranking on Google. In total, you will get nine tips on writing blog posts.
“Keyword Stuffing” is adding loads of the same keyword in a post. Historically, this would get the post ranked within a couple of days. However, those days are over. Keyword stuffing will not work. Today, optimizing your blog post for SEO is something entirely different.
When you provide the best and most relevant content to your audience, search engines will rank your content. Relevant content depends on search intent. In other words, the keywords you optimize for must match search intent. For example, your keyword is “Medicare Supplements” when you use this search in Google, the search results are informational. Your goal is to provide your visitors with the best possible information about the search term they enter.
Context is Important to Google
Google is smart. Google looks at context of text between your keywords. Your focus keywords target your audience. Your related keywords build the topic you write about. Google uses context to figure out what a piece of content is about and how it fits in the grand scheme of things. This means you need to go beyond keywords and synonyms and look at your article as a whole.
Analyze Your Whole Article
Look at your article as a whole and ask yourself these questions:
- Is it clear and logically structured?
- Are there clear answers to questions visitors might have?
- Is every paragraph meaningful and well written?
You want to write articles that are clear and logically structured. Furthermore, you want to answer questions your visitors may have about this topic. Moreover, you want every paragraph to be well written. When you write such as article, you provide relevant context which improves your chances of ranking.
Tips on Writing Blog Posts
- Do a Google search with your keyword. What search results are ranking now? How can you improve upon these results? Look at the top 3 search results. These are the competitors you must beat. Study the top three search results and discover why Google thinks these are the best. Can you improve on that?
- Cover the topic completely and naturally use words that are related to the topic.
- Tell a story or take a unique perspective. For example, write about your own experience or the experience of others. This might include a recent survey, experiment, or poll.
- Start building trust and authority. When you write well, people will link to your post and increase your authority.
- Use synonyms and variants of your keyword. For example, Medicare Supplement Plan is synonym of Medigap Plan. When you use synonyms you make the article more clear. For instance, if you are selling bicycles, you can use the synonym bikes.
- You want to include related questions and search phrases in your content. For instance, Google’s related search queries. When you enter a long tail keyword in Google search bar, related search phrases pop up. Would any of these fit into your articles? If yes, you should include them in your article.
In addition, answerthepublic.com can provide you with hundreds of related questions as well.
More Tips on Writing Blog Posts
Seventh, you can rank for multiple keywords with one article. However, you should not optimize different articles for the same keyword. In other words, if article A is optimized for keyword “Banana”, then article B should not also be optimized for “Banana”. Otherwise, you will be competing against yourself. Writing a great article could result in your site getting a featured snippet on Google. This would put your site at the top of search results for that keyphrase.
Eight, consider writing articles using the Inverted Pyramid Theory. Start writing about the most important info at the top of the page. This helps Google and your reader understand your text. For example, use a top-level heading to grab your reader’s attention. Once you have hooked the attention of your reader, you can include more details. In other words, start writing about the topic from a broad perspective. Then narrow your perspective into more details.
Ninth and final tip, optimize for your keywords in post title, URL, headers, body text, image file name, and alt tags. If you want more help writing killer articles for your audience check out Yoast SEO copywriting course.
Keyword research is the first step to successful SEO. Your next step is to develop the content that matches these keywords. Get more information about digital marketing.